Thursday, May 8, 2008

final thoughts.......

Well I have to say that I'm kinda sad that this little exercise is coming to end. It wasn't nearly as painful as I had thought it would be. I have some fond memories of discovering new goofy things that are out on the web. I am finally a blogger, I really thought that I would never find a need for blogging, but after discovering Tumblr, I can say that i have found a new way of blogging that works for me. I feel so much more tech savvy than I was before. I feel like I have much better grasp of what kind of interactive sharing tools are available how they can actually be useful to me in my everyday life.
I had a situation the other day where I had forgotten the text to a story I'm trying to illustrate with my sister. I remembered though that she had placed it on Google docs! I was able to go online where I was at and pull up a copy of the text and stay productive that day! It was awesome! I'm definitely going to try and keep up with all the new technologies.
I'm also a big fan of Bloglines. It is great not having to to go and check ten different websites to see if there is any new info posted, or whether my favorite blogs have any new info. Thats another thing, I never even looked at blogs before web 2.0 and now there a few that I have to checkout each day because they are so cool and informative.
Thanks to all of you who gave me the opportunity to check out all this cool random stuff!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Awwwwwwwwwww. That needs some sweet music you will only find in a sitcom where someone comes to terms with something and then the audience as a whole says Awwwwwww.

Lisa said...

Hi - you may have abandoned this blog, but I just wanted to ask you where the picture of the little kid and the monster, sitting on the couch, that you've used down the bottom of your blog, came from?

I'm sorry that I appear to be nearly three years late, but I only just discovered you, quite by accident, while I was googling Femke Heimstra