Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Audio/Visual

So I tried all three of the different social networking music sites. I think I probably liked the feel of Pandora the most, but I'm not enticed enough to want to join up. I would rather use a service like songza which keeps a list of music for you to play without having to make a social connection. I guess I'm not that social and I would prefer not to be. As far as the other sites go I am a big fan of Project Gutenberg. I have used this many times before with looking at ebooks, but didn't realize that they had added music to their site as well. I thoust it was awesome that they had free mp3 books available for download. I feel that this service could be something we could easily include with our own electronic resources. Multnoma County has been using free MP3 downloads of book on their website for a while now and really wish we would! I still like listening to cds and tapes in the car or at home, but that convenience of the mp3 player cant be beat. I really like to use all music mediums available to me. I still buy and listen to records for cryin out loud, so if it plays music I'll use it. I still would rather buy my music in a hard copy and then download it to my mp3. I think CDS will continue to exist as records have managed to exist, but it will take time for the young generation to learn to appreciate the concept of waiting a bit for things and that you cant always have everything right now and something new every two seconds.

No comments: